Tuesday 5 May 2015

Twenty-One Two-Twill Towels

My latest weaving explorations have taken me on a journey of melding two twill threadings in a warp. This has given me stripes of wavy lengthwise lines from one twill, with herringbone or diamonds from the other. Add colour variations and the combinations are almost limitless.

The two twill patterns can either flow into each other with no change in direction of the diagonal lines, or they can change direction from twill to twill. See you if you can spot this in the following photos.

My latest towels in blues and greens were enjoyable and exciting to weave. I wove with more blues and greens, and also had fun with burgundy and some splashes of orange and yellow. These are hand towels for the kitchen, bathroom or anywhere else they'd be useful.









They measure about 65-75 cm (25-30") long and about 57 cm (22-23") wide. All are priced at $30 each.

Let me know if you're interested in any. I can always send individual photos if you have a colour preference.


No comments:

Post a Comment