Sunday 6 September 2015

One Woman's Trash is Another Woman's Treasure

Busy weavers accumulate a fair bit of "trash" in the form of empty cones and bobbins and extra yarns from loom waste. I hate the word "trash" because I always try to find a use for anything and at least recycle the cardboard cones and bobbins.

But my supposed trash is actually a friend's treasure. She is a pre-school teacher and she loves my trash!

Empty bobbins from cotton are used to build things.

Shetland wool cones are great to turn upside down to make ice cream cones with a pom-pom on top.

Loom waste, called thrums, is already knotted into groups for each inch on the back beam, so they're pretty tidy. And my thrums come in lots of colours. :-)

My friend has raved about how valuable my studio waste is for her young children and all their activities. She's delighted to receive my trash - and I am even happier!


No comments:

Post a Comment