Monday 25 June 2012

Artist Trains

 A whole new world of artists and helpful advisors has opened up to me lately. It started with my good friend, Diana Vestergaard, an amazing artist and great person. Diana led me to Alyson Stanfield who produces her artbizblog to support artists and give them a ton of ideas and information. I even joined one of Alyson's teleseminars about marketing art more successfully.  Then Alyson's blog led me to some great books, including "Steal Like an Artist" by Austin Kleon and "Art and Fear - Observations on the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking" by David Bayles and Ted Orland. Both books are fantastic and I've been reading them on some business travels.  I just signed up for Austin's blog and he is amazing - he shares a lot of good information and he makes it all so lively, interesting and fun.

As a weaver, even though I consider myself more of a craftsperson than an artist, of course there is some degree of art involved in everything I design and make.  Sometimes the original design morphs quite a bit in the weaving process and I get new ideas.  Another train.  I love the balance of a solid plan for a project with being open to new ideas and variations that probably couldn't have happened at the early planning stages.  MmmmmMMM!

Thanks to Diana ... and Alyson ... and Austin, David, Ted, and other authors and bloggers.  I appreciate your help, support and ideas a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment