Friday 14 February 2014

Why I Weave

One of the reasons I weave is because I know my work is enjoyed and appreciated, and that means the world to me. Last year, a friend bought a Shetland wool blanket for a retiring colleague who had devoted a great deal of time and heart to improving the environment in her community. The blanket was a very kind gift, and the recipient was obviously delighted. Here's what she wrote to me:

"To receive your handwoven blanket as a gift was a beautiful surprise and I feel so appreciative and touched. Wrapping oneself in a blanket is not only cozy but even the thought of doing so speaks of down time, enjoying a good book and a cup of tea. But a handwoven blanket is all that and more, it adds love. I used to weave full time and people who wore my scarves said they felt like they were getting a big hug. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs and can tell you love weaving very much. Your work is beautifully woven, and your design and color choice is absolutely pleasing - and I can feel the love in your creation.  
Thank you so much. Your work is much appreciated and admired."

I've received touching tributes before, but that one takes the cake. Thank YOU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment