Sunday 10 April 2016

A Georgian Bay Blanket



Last year I began applying my love for Georgian Bay in my blankets and towels. Previous blog posts can be found under the "Georgian Bay Collection" label on the right - this is the fourth.

A fellow British Columbian bought one of the Georgian Bay blankets for her aunt, then couldn't resist one for herself. They are quite different, but both are in twill blocks and have the same theme of water, rock, trees and sky. Those blankets are described in one of those blog posts.

Rock with lichen, trees, lower sky

Top of trees and into the sky and clouds


The aunt is clearly delighted with her blanket. Here's what she wrote:

It makes my heart pound.
Maybe I'm seduced by the Georgian Bay moniker, but I love [the blanket's] hand, the gentle colours, the cleverness of it, and the merest of warm colour.  So real, so true to the inspiration.  My heart swells.  Thank you.
Every time my eyes land here, I smile and I feel warm even without being under the work of art. 
Her last line "Every time my eyes land here, I smile and I feel warm even without being under the work of art" - now that is eloquent and really original. I was really touched - and inspired - to receive this feedback, and just had to share it.



1 comment:

  1. Your work is so, so beautiful, Jane. And it's so lovely to read your words along with it- this is a beautiful blog.

    ...perhaps you have a baby blanket I might buy for my new nephew?

    ReplyDelete