Wednesday 31 December 2014

Thank You

2014 was very good to Cariboo Handwoven and me, with record sales and a lot of interest in my work. I have many people to thank:

  • Friends and others who were interested, caring and supportive, regardless of whether or not any sales were involved. Studio visitors were often very intrigued with my looms, my handmade blanket racks, and the big, bright space I'm fortunate to use. That all meant a lot to me. 
  • All those who purchased a Cariboo Handwoven blanket, towel or scarf. 
  • Blog readers who brought my page views up to 8,506 by the time I posted this blog at the end of the year.
  • The Station House Gallery in Williams Lake, BC for hosting "To Drive the Cold Winter Away" in November, and Joan Beck as my enthusiastic artistic partner in the show.
  • Pat, my husband, for making me three blanket racks and a new blanket tree, and teaching me how to better understand and use his first digital SLR camera for better photographs of my work. Pat is also very supportive and encouraging whenever I steer away from my favourite earthy browns and greys and use brighter colours. :-)
  • And last but certainly not least: Alison, my sister in Ottawa, who has been instrumental in another successful year. Along with her cousin-in-law, Elsie, she has done a lot of one-on-one promotion, Facebook posts, lugging, displaying, standing, hosting, banking and more. 

I began 2014 with a good supply of blankets, towels and scarves, and then added to it during the year through new projects. I'm now down to some nice wool blankets, what's left of the latest set of hemmed cotton blankets, and a few bath towels but no hand towels. This is an important milestone for me, and it means that my work will be even more tailored to what is wanted on top of what I want to make.

I can't forget 2014. All the lovely feedback about how much you enjoy your blanket, or how great your towels look and how long they last, or how well a scarf was received as a gift - that's what really matters to me most. The business part all comes after that.

So whatever your part in my enjoyable and successful 2014 ... thank you. I'm wishing you a great 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment