Monday 15 October 2012

Pageviews and Pageviewers

One of the interesting parts of blogging is seeing all the stats. The breakdown is amazing, although nothing can be followed back to a certain individual. I thought that when I reached 500 pageviews it would be a good idea to blog about it, and share some of my insights with pageviewers (you) and anyone interested in starting a blog about any topic they wish.

First of all, blogging takes a bit of figuring out ... but if I can blog, anyone can. Bloggers have to get a sense of how to make their way through to the formatting, layout, stats or whatever they need to change or see. It's a bit of a labyrinth, but it's sure interesting and very satisfying to figure it out.

Two-thirds of my blog readers are from Canada, and the remainder are from the United States, Russia, Germany, South Korea, Finland, Australia and other countries. I know that some pageviews are unintended from random searches, but the blog stats also list the traffic sources, which are the websites that led to finding my blog. I also know what browsers and operating systems were used, as well as the number of pageviews by post. And there's probably more information available, but that's certainly enough for me.

Recently I installed the total number of pageviews to the right of the latest post. As I write this, I'm at 522. It's a good start. Anyone wanting to receive blog updates right away can add their email address under "follow by email." This does not give me access to your email address; it's totally confidential as far as I know.

If you're a weaver or just interested in weaving, feel free to email me at cariboojane "at" shaw "dot" ca and I'd be happy to hear from you.

Thanks to all readers for their interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment